Tuesday, July 22, 2008

These are a few of my favorite things

In honor of Ben's birthday, I thought I would give people a little insight into a few of his favorite things and habits...

Favorite toy: a ball (or anything resembling a ball...including watermelons!)
Favorite non-ball toy: a water bottle
Favorite security item: his woobie and pacifier
Most consistent ritual: a dirty diaper first thing in the morning..yucky, I know
Funny habit: crawling around with his ball in his hand
Favorite no-no: opening the central vacuum outlet, repeatedly
Favorite word (this week): MAMAMAMAMA :)
Favorite foods: cheese and bananas...and milk
Favorite books: Pat the Bunny, Goodnight Moon, and Toes, Ears, and Nose
Favorite singer (besides Mommy): Norah Jones
Nickname: I call him Bunny, Matt calls him Buddy or Bud
Most unusual thing he has done (yet): climbed out of the exersaucer about a month ago
Most annoying habit: smacking people with his ball and crying when we walk into church
Favorite position: sitting up on one knee
Favorite sleeping position: on his tummy, hands under him with his woobie over his face
Number of teeth: 8 total (4 uppers/4 lowers)
Favorite sleepy clues: pulling at ears, rubbing his head and eyes, and the obvious of laying down in the floor and closing his eyes.
A few of my favorite things:

When he gets up in the morning, I get him out of his crib and he lays his head on my shoulder, sings, and pats my arm with his hand.

How excited he gets when he hears the garage door opening when Matt comes home.

When he tries to crawl away from me in the bathtub before I get him out...every night. Like he really thinks he is going to get away from me.

When I say, "I'm going to get you" he crawls faster away from me.

I love how inquisitive he is when he looks at things.

When it gets really quiet, he is into something he shouldn't be.

At bedtime, how he will find his woobie and cover his eyes.

How he made me a mother almost one year ago.

A few of Matt's favorite things about Benjamin:

He loves balls of any kind.

He comes crawling to me when I walk into a room.

He said DaDa first.

He gives high fives.

He sleeps through the night.

He loves it outside.

7 comments:

Meghann said...

Loved the post! see ya friday

Frances Vineyard said...

You are the BEST MOM! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Whitney, treasure every moment they grow up so fast! I loved this post!!

Anonymous said...

This is so precious!!! Cherish every moment. You are a great mom!
Love,
Aunt Dee

Courtney said...

Angie told me not to cry... but I did. I'm so glad I've gotten to be here to see all of his favorite things!

Anonymous said...

Hi Whitney!
What a sweet post! I enjoy looking at your blog. Ben is adorable. Happy 1st Birthday!! They grow up so fast don't they? I remember seeing you, your mom, and Ben when he was first born at Five Oaks.
Hope you all enjoy his first birthday!! The second year only gets better!

Frances Vineyard said...

Happy Birthday Ben Buddy! Call us if you are going to swim and play with balls today! Your cousins, Jack and Jake