Friday, June 13, 2008

Quick Update

The last couple of weeks have been very busy. All last week, Benjamin was not himself and not sleeping well. I decided to visit the pediatrician on Friday. Ears were clear but she said that he probably has allergies. Zyrtec, here we come. I worked last Saturday and Ben got progressively worse Saturday night into Sunday morning so I called in sick and we made our first trip to the ER with Benjamin early Sunday morning. Croup!! Where did my little bunny get the croup?? Tuesday, we were back at the pediatrician's office--not eating and upset tummy. This time, a viral infection with a very bad sore throat that causes GI symptoms too. AGHGHHH!!! What is a mommy to do?? She also said that he probably didn't have the actual croup, that it was probably a symptom of his allergies. So now it is the weekend again, I am off from work, and I am busy trying to get Benjamin back in the swing of things. Unfortunately, he had started sleeping with Matt and I when he was so stuffy he couldn't breathe....DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!! Now he likes our bed better than his!! Last night, I lounged in the floor next to his crib for about an hour while he walked laps around the crib, throwing all blankets, pacifiers, and woobies out into the floor onto me. After his marathon shouting match (he really only cried about 5 minutes) he slept really well. And so did his parents :) Needless to say, I came to update my blog and I haven't taken any pictures in 2 weeks so the only one I have is a few weeks old....I will try to catch up later:)
Ben and I a few weeks ago after church

1 comment:

Frances Vineyard said...

Ahhhh, the many of joys of parenting. My thoughts are with you that life returns to the "new" normal soon! Happy Father's Day to Matt!